born 1952 in Bolzano / Italy.
studies under Oskar Kokoschka at the Salzburg Academy.
architectural doctorate in Florence in 1975 with Adolfo Natalini.
moves to milan in 1978, makes the acquaintance of Ettore Sottsass and starts working in his studio.
co-founding member in 1981 of Memphis Group, the design movement that so shaped events in the Eighties.
the Vienna academy for Applied Arts appoints him to the Chair of Product Design and Ceramics in 1982.